Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Confessions of an Addict


Jimmy Choo Quinn Leopard Print Canvas
A gorgeous pair of shoes transforms me. As a child, stumbling around in my grandmother's metallic Stuart Weitzman heels made me a glamorous grown up, leaving to attend a grand ball of some sort - just like Cinderella in her glass slippers, going to meet her Prince. Now, some 30 years later, my shoes lift my spirits in a way nothing else can. I start and end most of my days in mind-numbing office meetings. And during those meetings, I glance down under the ugly conference room table at those 'Ladies' I have on my feet and somehow all is right with the world.
It's OK to love something so dim. Everything you do doesn't have to change the world. And even in dreadful economic times, you can find a little bit of joy.
I spend my free time tracking down, reviewing, obsessing over, and coveting the most fabulous accessory on the planet. And it makes me happy. Join the hunt. Post your favorites. Comment and share.
And let's be honest, whether or not Cinderella and her Prince lasted in the end doesn't really matter all that much. The story was about the shoes.








1 comment:

  1. This post is really incredible, one of the most helpful I have ever read,indeed.Retweets

    ReplyDelete